Job Category: Specialist
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
Job Location: Brooklyn Park MN
Housing Stabilization Specialists provide housing services that may include, assisting individuals who have disabilities or seniors with locating and maintaining adequate and affordable housing.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying barriers that have kept clients from finding and sustaining housing.
- Create a person-centered plan to outline target areas to relocate clients.
- Provide the needed advocacy for clients to sustain independent housing throughout their lease term.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Human Services background check.
- Must be orientated in a person-centered approach.
- Must be able to organize and work independently.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be able to document an objective and effective manner.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Must have a working vehicle with valid auto insurance.
- Applicants must be able to lift 40 lbs or more.
- Bachelor’s/Associates Degree or equivalent experience in human services or a related field; one year of working with persons with disabilities or seniors (preferred)
- Reliable vehicle/valid driver’s license and ability to transport clients (required)
- Good knowledge of the Twin Cities Area (required)
- Knowledge of benefit/assistance programs in Minnesota (preferred)
- Housing Stabilization Specialist/Housing Access Coordinator Experience (highly preferred)
- Experience working with vulnerable adults (preferred)
- Housing or Human Services experience (preferred)
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems
If you are interested, please download and complete the job application. Then upload the application as your CV/Resume.
*Please note: the *Cover Letter only needs to be a few sentences about why you would like to work with ECS. Thanks for your interest!