Housing Stabilization Specialists provide housing services that may include, assisting individuals who have disabilities or seniors with locating and maintaining adequate and affordable housing.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying barriers that have kept clients from finding and sustaining housing.
- Create a person-centered plan to outline target areas to relocate clients.
- Provide the needed advocacy for clients to sustain independent housing throughout their lease term.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Human Services background check.
- Must be orientated in a person-centered approach.
- Must be able to organize and work independently.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be able to document an objective and effective manner.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Must have a working vehicle with valid auto insurance.
- Applicants must be able to lift 40 lbs or more.
- Bachelor’s/Associates Degree or equivalent experience in human services or a related field; one year of working with persons with disabilities or seniors (preferred)
- Reliable vehicle/valid driver’s license and ability to transport clients (required)
- Good knowledge of the Twin Cities Area (required)
- Knowledge of benefit/assistance programs in Minnesota (preferred)
- Housing Stabilization Specialist/Housing Access Coordinator Experience (highly preferred)
- Experience working with vulnerable adults (preferred)
- Housing or Human Services experience (preferred)
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems
If you are interested, please download and complete the job application. Then upload the application as your CV/Resume.
*Please note: the *Cover Letter only needs to be a few sentences about why you would like to work with ECS. Thanks for your interest!